Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Heath Bar Cookies

     Another meeting at school and another batch of cookies.  I had to give up the cake of the month for December because I have class every weekend leading up to winter break, therefore no time for cake baking.  Thankfully I have a great teammate on the birthday committee who is picking up my slack.  I'm just fitting in this batch of cookies between walking the dogs , making dinner, and calling the IRS to figure out where my 2010 tax return is so that I can pay for more grad school classes!


Heath Bar Cookies

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup Heath Bar bits

Method
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl beat the butter and sugar together.  Beat in each egg separately. Then add the vanilla.
3. Alternate between mixing the flour mixture and the Heath Bar bits, into the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Chill the cookie batter in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
5. Form 1 inch spheres with the cookie dough and transfer to baking sheets lined with parchment paper.  Leave about three inches between each cookie because they really spread out.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden.  Allow to cool 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. 

This recipe makes 6 dozen cookies, which may be the perfect amount for a cookie swap!  Tis' the season!

The Taste Test
    Another successful treat!  Baked goods makes any meeting better.  I threw in a half a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips in addition to the heath bar bits, but the cookies would have been just as good without them.  I even passed the recipe along for someone who is going to a cookie swap this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Heath is my FAVORITE candy bar, especially to cook with. It's just so good, and these look excellent.

    ReplyDelete