Thursday, April 11, 2013

Turkey Meatballs

     I made dinner twice during the work week this week and I'm feeling proud!  Juggling house stuff, work, and Wren has taken some getting used to and I've let meals during the week slip a bit.  I have been eating at my mom's, stealing food from her house and bringing it home, or just eating something quick like a yogurt.  Not always the best choices, but they've kept me going so far.  I wanted to get back in the swing of preparing meals, especially since Wren is doing so well eating finger foods.  I want her to be able to start eating meals with us and sharing what we eat with her. 

Turkey Meatballs

Ingredients
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup almond flour
2 eggs
1 small onion, grated
1/2 cup carrots, grated
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
black pepper

Method
Preheat oven to 350
1. Combine all of the vegetables in a large bowl. Mix in the turkey.  Season with salt and pepper.
2. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then stir into the meat mixture.
3. Add the almond flour and mix.
4. Form 16 meatballs and place evenly on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes.

The Taste Test
    This was a simple recipe to execute on a week night.  I served the meatballs over spaghetti squash.  Definitely a recipe I will use again!

No comments:

Post a Comment