Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

     Today is my baby brother's 22nd birthday.  At school I always tell the kids that my little brother is actually a lot taller than me and they always get a kick out of that.  I remember when he was born, I was in second grade and my sister and I spent time with my Grandma and Pop while my parents were with my brother at the hospital.  My mom tried to make us feel special by leaving us presents in our overnight bags and on the front porch of our house for us to find when we went to pick up the mail.  I'm pretty sure picture day fell during that time...that may explain a thing or two about that photo! Aside from all of the silly details I remember from that I time, I also recall the sense of pride I had for my little brother.  I'm happy to report that there is still a lot to be proud of!  Happy birthday Kenz! I love you so much that I made your requested oatmeal raisin cookies. 

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Recipe from smittenkitchen.com

 Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups raisins

Method
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl.  Stir into the butter mixture.
3. Stir in the oats and raisins.  Place the mixture in the fridge to chill.
4. Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to become golden.
5. Remove from oven and allow to sit for five minutes before removing to wire cooling racks.





1 comment: