Monday, May 30, 2011

My Mom's Potato Salad...Kind Of

     Today is Memorial Day and the unofficial start of summer.  The weather is certainly beginning to feel more like summer and my garden is beginning to blossom!  We are heading to Arnauld's mom's house for a barbecue later and what's a barbecue without potato salad?  My mom's potato salad is my favorite and although I have tried to replicate it on several occasions, it just never tastes the same.  Here is the recipe I used for my latest attempt.

Mom's Potato Salad

Ingredients
5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 cups mayonnaise
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp white vinegar
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cups celery, finely chopped
6 eggs, diced
salt and pepper

Method
1. Bring the potatoes to a boil in a large pot.  Cook until the potatoes are soft.  Let the potatoes cool.
2. Mix remaining ingredients with the potatoes in a large bowl.

The Taste Test
   Creamy and delicious...but not quite like mom's!

Arugula

Parsley




My Gram came and planted some tomato plants all over my yard.

1 comment:

  1. Update: Mom says don't peel the potatoes and use green onions. Thanks Mom!

    ReplyDelete