Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Udon?

     I already mentioned that over the weekend I spent some time searching for some new recipes.  One blog that I came across, Vegan Yum Yum, had short videos for some of the recipes that was so fun.  I only watched one but watching the cooking process, start to finish, really stuck with me.  So while Arnauld and I were walking around Whole Foods this weekend and I saw a package of Udon Pasta, I was immediately reminded of the video I watched on this blog.  I bought the Udon and the other ingredients I remembered seeing so that I could make this Broccolini, Cherry Tomato, and Bean Udon.

Broccolini, Cherry Tomato, and Bean Udon
A Recipe for One

Ingredients
1 Bundle of Udon Noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
3-6 stalks of broccolini
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup Great Northern Beans
Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling

Method
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.  Cook the Udon Pasta according to the package directions.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet.  Add the broccolini, a dash of salt and pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.  Cook until the broccolini is bright green and then push to the side of the skillet.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes to the skillet and cook until they begin to soften, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the beans and stir all of the ingredients together.
5. Top your pasta with the vegetables and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment