Sunday, May 8, 2011

Full Brain and Full Belly-Fish Tacos (What He Cooked)

     I just spent the last 3 days in Turners Falls, Massachusetts learning how to present Responsive Classroom techniques and approaches to adults.  It was my first "business trip" and also my first time staying in a hotel on my own.  I knew no one else attending, but am happy to report that I survived and made a lot of new friends.  I get to go back for a week in July to learn more and have a lot of presentations to plan and practice in the meantime...yikes!
    Needless to say, I returned home this evening with my brain whirling and a bit tired.  Pulling up to our house, I was immediately struck by our freshly mowed, GREEN lawn.  Anyone who has been to our house knows that we don't have the best grass.  Actually, landscapers have knocked on our door two years in a row to offer their services for our sad lawn.  Arnauld has made it his mission to bring it back to life and it looks great!  Hopefully it survives the summer.
     Upon entering the house, everything was glistening and neat.  I love when Arnauld cleans because he is pretty meticulous while I just like to get the job done, which sometimes involves rushing.  The laundry was also done and folded, the windows open filling the house with fresh air.
     Arnauld was busy chopping away in the kitchen, preparing fish tacos!  We have talked about fish tacos since our trip to California in August.  Supposedly fish tacos are quite popular on the West Coast, but we didn't get to try them on our trip.-probably because we were usually too full after all of our amazing breakfasts.  I am so grateful to return home and not have to do anything around the house.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Here are the recipes Arnauld used to prepare our delicious dinner.  Judging from how busy he was in the kitchen, I think it is safe to say that these are not quick recipes because there was a lot of prep involved.  However, they were definitely worth all of the effort.


Guacamole
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Guacamole/Detail.aspx
Fish Tacos
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fish-Tacos/Detail.aspx
Baja Black Beans, Corn and Rice
http://www.food.com/recipe/baja-black-beans-corn-and-rice-55768
 


The Taste Test
    Fabulous!  The bean and corn salad over rice was my favorite part of this meal.  The batter on the cod was great and the spicy sauce was nicely contrasted by the cabbage, making the heat bearable.  Thanks Arnauld! Maybe I should go away more often... xox

No comments:

Post a Comment