Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Baked Scallops

     I found myself with no plan for dinner, standing in front of the fish counter at Whole Foods...again.  Since my seafood repertoire is not that deep, I have a hard time thinking of something to just throw together.  I know Arnauld likes scallops and it has been a while since my first sad attempt, so that's what I settled for.  I remembered reading about a scallop recipe on another blog that I follow, that a friend of a friend writes, A Healthy Jalapeno.  When I got home, I went straight to her blog and dinner was on!
    I cut the original recipe in half since I only bought a half pound of scallops.  I also left out the breadcrumbs, since Arnauld won't eat them during the week (he is pretty strict about his diet).

Baked Scallops

Ingredients
2 tbsp Smart Balance, melted
1/2 lb scallops
1/2 tsp garlic pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp dried parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

Method
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Melt the Smart Balance in the microwave. 
2. Pour the Smart Balance into a small baking dish.  Add the scallops.
3. Mix the garlic pepper, paprika, parsley, garlic, and Parmesan cheese together.  Sprinkle over the scallops.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes. 

The Taste Test
    Arnauld says "amazing."  I tried one and it wasn't bad although it still tasted like a scallop.

No comments:

Post a Comment