Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baked Flounder with Broccoli and Squash

     I downloaded the Whole Foods app on my phone and was recently browsing through there hoping to be inspired.  This recipe was not necessarily inspiring but it did call for two ingredients that I already had on hand-broccoli and squash.  I think you can use any white fish for this recipe.  Flounder was an impulse buy for me today.  The may at the fish market was waiting for me to decide and I felt rushed.

Fish Packets with Broccoli and Squash

Ingredients
1/2 lb flounder fillets
2 cups broccoli, cut into small pieces
1 cup green squash, sliced
olive oil
lemon juice
salt
pepper
1 small shallot
Parchment Paper

Method
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Cut two 12 inch pieces of parchment paper and fold in half.
2. Divide the squash between the two parchment paper pieces, just to the right of the fold.
3. Arrange broccoli over the squash and drizzle with olive oil.  Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place fish over the vegetables.  Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with lemon juice.  Place shallots over the fish.
5. Seal parchment packets by folding in the edges.  Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is thoroughly cooked.
6. Allow the fish to sit for 3-4 minutes before serving.

The Taste Test
    Maybe impulse shopping is not the best choice at the fish counter!  I was not a big fan of the flounder.  The veggies on the other hand were good.  Not a keeper in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment