Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Savory Bean and Spinach Soup

     Another week of work beginning means I am that much closer to vacation and spending time with my girl!  We spent the weekend decorating for Christmas.  Wren slept through finding a Christmas tree but now that it is up she is enjoying the lights.  Hopefully all the weekend activity will make her super sleepy tonight.  She hasn't been the best sleeper lately.
     My mom made this soup a while back and sent me the recipe.  I pulled it out since it was very simple to throw together.  Hopefully this soup gives me the energy I'll need to make it through the day!

Savory Bean and Spinach Soup
Ingredients
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 15oz can of tomato puree
2 15 oz cans of white beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 cups baby spinach, regular spinach, or kale
Parmesan Cheese

Method
1. Combine vegetable broth, tomato purée, beans, rice, onion, basil, salt and pepper in the crock pot.
2. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 2.5-3.5 hours.
3. Before serving, stir in spinach and sprinkle with cheese.
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment