Friday, July 19, 2013

Vacation Baby Muffins

     A friend sent me this recipe after I posted my first muffin recipe that I tested out for Wren.  We are leaving for Maine in the morning so I figured why not fire up the oven so we can have a tasty snack for the road-the temperature in our house is only 89 degrees!  Needless to say, I worked up a greater sweat baking than I do kickboxing.  As soon as Wren saw them on the counter she began clicking her tongue, her signal that she is hungry.  I cut her off at three mini muffins. 

Carrot, Apple, Coconut Muffins

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 carrots, peeled and grated (about 1 cup)
1 apple, peeled and grated (about 1/2 cup)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup honey

Method
Preheat oven 350 degrees
1. Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl. 
3. Stir the dry ingredients with the wet.
4. Prepare a mini muffin tin by placing liners or spraying with cooking spray.  Fill each with one tablespoon of batter.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment