Friday, July 19, 2013

Bulgur and Peach Salad

     This recipe was one that I pulled from the August issue of Cooking Light.  I just happened to have all of the ingredients on hand, with the exception of hazelnuts that I just omitted.  I'm hoping that the addition of fruit and strong flavors will entice my brand new picky eater.  Life was simpler when she ate everything!

Bulgur with Peaches and Mint

Ingredients
2 cups water
1 cup uncooked bulgur
2 tbsp champagne vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup diced peaches
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves

*The recipe also called for 2 1/2 oz of toasted hazelnuts

Method
1. Bring the bulgur to a boil in a small saucepan.  Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes and then let sit for 5 minutes.  Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Combine the vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper.  Whisk together until the sugar dissolves.  Add the bulgur, peaches, and mint.  Toss together and serve.






No comments:

Post a Comment