Sunday, August 4, 2013

Single Pancake Recipe

     Yesterday we came home from running errands to find a quart of freshly picked blueberries sitting on our counter.  They were a gift from my parents, sister, and nephews who spent the afternoon at Jones' Farm.  I knew when I woke up this morning that I wanted to use them to make Wren a special breakfast.  I had pinned a recipe for blueberry and lemon muffins, since she is a mini muffin fiend.  However, Wren quickly let me know that there would be no time for muffins this morning.  Plan B...blueberry pancakes.  I didn't want to make a huge stack of pancakes, but I wondered, "Does anyone ever make just one?"  Of course they do.  I found the perfect recipe that I was able to adapt to make a delicious breakfast for Wren.  Well, I can't say for certain that they are delicious.  I never had the chance to try them because Wren was gobbling them down faster than I could cut them.  We'll just have to take her word for it.

Single Pancake
Recipe Adapted From joythebaker.com

Ingredients
1/3 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
1 tbsp oats (Quick or regular)
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup plus 2 tsp milk (I used buttermilk)
dash of vanilla
handful of blueberries or whatever other pancake fixings you have on hand

Method
1. Mix together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the butter, milk, and vanilla.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.  Fold in the blueberries.
4. Heat a skillet with a bit of oil.  Spread the pancake batter, either all at once for a large pancake or in smaller amounts for more pancakes.  Cook until bubbles form, then flip.  Cook until golden.




No comments:

Post a Comment