Monday, June 13, 2011

Scallops with Sesame Sauce

     If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I dislike scallops.  Arnauld enjoys them from time to time so I have tried making them a few times-not always successfully.  Tonight I made my third attempt and I actually liked them!  I took one bite and was amazed that the scallops weren't super fishy tasting, the texture wasn't tough and chewy, and I didn't have to hold my nose.  I think I'm growing up.

Scallops with Sesame Sauce


Ingredients
1/2 lb sea scallops
1 green onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp canola oil
1/8 tsp black pepper

Method
1. Remove the scallops from the refrigerator and allow them to sit out for 10 minutes before cooking.
2. Combine onion, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.  Whisk all of these ingredients together and set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Heat the oil before adding scallops.  Sprinkle scallops with black pepper and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until golden.  Remove from skillet once cooked and set aside.
4. Pour the onion mixture into the same skillet used to cook the scallops.  Allow the mixture to come to a boil (about 45 seconds) before drizzling over scallops.

No comments:

Post a Comment