Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kale Chips

    Kale chips?  If they're anything like potato chips, I just might like them.  This recipe popped up in an email with ideas about eating more greens.  I have heard people at work talking about kale chips so I thought I would give them a try.  Who knows, maybe they'll be better than potato chips and this snack will cure my crunching cravings.



Ingredients
Kale, chopped into small pieces
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Method
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Wash kale and allow it to dry.
2. Spray olive oil on the kale so that it is evenly coated.  I didn't have spray so I just drizzled some olive oil on the kale and mixed it up.
3. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.  Allow to bake until the kale is crunchy, about 15-20 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper.

The Taste Test
    Definitely interesting.  I was a little iffy after the first bite, but just like regular potato chips, you can't eat just one!  The kale gets very crispy and light in the oven.  I think I'll be making these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment