Thursday, July 28, 2011

Grilled Salmon with Cucumbers

     This is a Martha Stewart recipe from one of her magazines I get.  Arnauld didn't come through with a dinner suggestion tonight so I turned to the pile of recipes I pulled and had sitting on the table.  Between my garden and my grandma's garden, I knew the cucumbers would be plentiful and fresh.

Grilled Salmon and Cucumbers

Ingredients
1/2 cup crumbled
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp dill
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb salmon
salt and pepper
2 cucumbers, sliced 1/2 inch thick

Method
1. Mix the feta, lemon juice, dill, and oil in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the grill to medium high.  Brush the salmon with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.  Oil the grill and place the salmon, skin side up on the grill.  Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the fish is fully cooked.  Make sure to turn the fish once during that time.
3. Meanwhile, brush the cucumber slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Place on the grill and cook until the begin to soften and turn brown, about 2-3 minutes-again turning once.
4. Top the salmon and cucumbers with the feta mixture before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment