Saturday, July 30, 2011

Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette

     I had lunch this week with my friend Ali's at a place called Bogey's.  We both ordered salads, mainly because they have the most delicious balsamic vinaigrette.  During lunch Ali and I talked about how we thought they made the dressing.  So my new mission is to figure it out.  Here is my first attempt.

Cream Balsamic Vinaigrette

Ingredients
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Method
1. Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.

The Taste Test
      Not quiet Bogey's but a good starting place.  I think a little Dijon mustard and maybe some garlic might be my next additions to this recipe.  A definite work in progress!

1 comment: