Saturday, July 23, 2011

Nutella Rice Krispie Treats

    I had to try and redeem myself after my disastrous Nutella Brownies.  I stuck with the Nutella theme but stayed away from brownies this time.  These did not go as smooth as expected either because when I mixed the Nutella with the marshmallows, it hardened really fast.  I ended up having to use my hands to try and smoosh the rice krispies into the marshmallow mix.  But in the end they were edible and delicious.  Perhaps I should leave Nutella as a yummy spread rather than try to make it something that it is not!

Nutella Rice Krispie Treats

Ingredients
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup Nutella
6 cups Rice Krispies

Method
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add in the marshmallows and vanilla.  Stir until completely melted.
3. Remove from heat and stir in Nutella-quickly!
4. Add in Rice Krispies and stir until completely coated in the stickiness.
5. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.  Use a spatula (or your hands!) to spread the mixture evenly.
6.  Allow to cool before cutting into squares and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment