Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Better Than Take Out: Sesame Shrimp

    After vacation, it has been hard for me to get back into the making dinner routine.  Last night Arnauld made himself some eggs and I ate some yogurt.  I knew I had to kick myself out of this slump but didn't quite feel up for anything too complicated.  The answer?  Sesame Shrimp.  We had shrimp in the freezer so I thawed a couple handfuls and stirred together a few ingredients I had on hand.  The results tasted better than sesame shrimp you would get from a Chinese restaurant, without all of the extra goo.

Sesame Shrimp

Ingredients
1/2 lb raw shrimp
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp chili paste (our favorite brand is, Thai Kitchen)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dried ginger
1 tbsp sesame seeds

Method
1. Mix honey, chili paste, soy sauce, and ginger in a medium bowl.  Stir in shrimp and let sit for a few minutes.
2. Toast the sesame seeds.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.  Add shrimp and any extra sauce.  Cook shrimp until they are pink all the way through.  Toss in any vegetables that you like.  I added sliced onion and fresh peas from my grandma's garden.
4. Sprinkle the shrimp with toasted sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment