Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Bean Soup

    These days I get a few emails a week with recipes and I often click on links in browsers that share ideas for meals.  A few weeks ago I saved a recipe for Pumpkin Bean Soup to my favorites.  I came across this recipe again last night and since I had all of the ingredients, I'm going to try it out today.

Ingredients
  • 1  15-oz. can  pumpkin
  • 1  14-oz. can  unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1  15-oz. can  cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1  14-oz. can  vegetable broth
  • 1  tsp.  dried leaf sage, crushed
  •     Salt and ground black pepper
  •     Cracked black peppercorns, optional
  •     Fresh lime slices, optional

Directions

1. In medium saucepan combine pumpkin, unsweetened coconut milk, beans, broth, and sage. Heat through.
2. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with black peppercorns. Drizzle with lime. Makes 4 servings.


This was super easy to make.  It took about 20 minutes start to finish.  I used my immersion blender to blend it all together, so the consistency was a bit creamier.  Honestly, I can't say for sure if I like it yet.  I just tasted it quickly before throwing it in the fridge for lunch tomorrow.  It may not be a favorite but it was worth a try!

Here are some of my favorite shots from the pumpkin patch today.  Such cuties. 





3 comments:

  1. So how was the soup? I have a similar recipe I've been debating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, how was the soup? I have three pumpkins I need to do something with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, this wasn't my favorite. It grew on me after a few days but I can't lie, I didn't love it.

    ReplyDelete