Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chili Rubbed Tilapia with Asparagus and Lemon

     Google is amazing!  Tonight I took a quick survey of what was in the fridge-tilapia and asparagus.  I did a quick search for tilapia and asparagus recipes and "poof" an instant dinner idea.

Chili Rubbed (Not rubber as I first published.  Thanks to my dad for calling me out on my typo!) Tilapia with Asparagus and Lemon


Ingredients
1/2 lb tilapia
1 lb asparagus
1 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
juice from 1 lemon

Method
1. Bring one inch of water to a boil and use a steaming basket to steam asparagus for about 4 minutes.  Then transfer to a plate to cool.
2. Combine chili powder, garlic powder, and salt in a plate.  Dip fish into the mixture and rub to coat the fish completely.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Cook fish for 5-7 minutes total, turning once.  Fish should be opaque.
4. Move fish to a separate dish and add lemon juice and asparagus to the skillet.  Cook for 2 minutes to heat through.
5. Serve fish with asparagus.

2 comments: