Sunday, April 24, 2011

Eggs and Zucchini-A Grandmas Recipe

     It wouldn't be Easter time without the mention of eggs.  Last week my Grandma whipped up this quick and easy dish, something she said she saw on tv.  My Grandma is the kind of cook that just throws things together, she does things the way she always has and completely from memory.  The only way to replicate one of her dishes is to make it along with her and keep a close eye on her every move.

Eggs and Zucchini
These daffodils came from my Grandma's yard so I thought they deserved a place in this post about my Gram.

Ingredients
1 tbsp Smart Balance
1 medium zucchini, chopped
4 eggs
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Method
1. Melt the Smart Balance in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the zucchini and cook until the zucchini begins to soften.
2. Whisk together the eggs in a small bowl.  Pour over the zucchini and mix together until the eggs begin to resemble scrambled eggs.
3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and stir everything together.
4. Seasons with salt and pepper.

The Taste Test
Somehow my Grandma's eggs are always fluffy and perfect.  I don't know how she does it.  Either way, this is a quick and easy dish suitable for any meal of the day.

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious. I love zucchini but never thought to put them with eggs. yum. Hope you had a great Easter and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete