Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Greek Salad Dressing

    I had shrimp out for dinner.  While chatting with my pal Ali after school today, I asked her for some dinner ideas.  She mentioned a Greek salad, which sounded great.  The weather outside was sunny and finally warmer, it felt like a salad night.  Ali rattled off some instructions and ingredients and when it came time to make the dressing for the salad I drew a blank.  Ali is the kind of person who can just throw something together.  Although I am getting more comfortable modifying recipes, I'm not ready to just wing something yet.  A quick google search and I found a new blog to read, A Veggie Venture.

Greek Salad Dressing

Ingredients
3 tbsp white wine vinegar (the recipe called for red, I only had white)
1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tsp feta cheese

Method
1. Combine all ingredients in the food processor and process until the dressing is creamy.

The Taste Test
This was a very simple dressing to make and tasted great with dinner.  This recipe made about 1/3 cup of dressing, if serving a larger crowd, I would suggest doubling the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment