Sunday, April 17, 2011

Angel Food Cake with Pineapple and Homemade Whipped Cream

    So I'm really upset because I took really great pictures of this cake last night, but when I went to upload them today my computer froze and I ended up loosing the pictures.  Technology!  So I mentioned in my last post that we had a last minute dinner party last night.  I wanted to make something for dessert, but didn't have a lot of time...or energy!  I remembered a recipe my sister's friend had shared with us a while ago that had just two ingredients.  Just what I needed.  I quick trip to google to double check the method and I was good to go. 

Pineapple Angel Food Cake

Ingredients
1 box of angel food cake mix
1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple in pineapple juice

Method
1. Combine angel food cake mix with the can of crushed pineapple, juices and all.
2. Bake cake according to directions on box. 

Homemade Whipped Cream

Ingredients
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method
1. Whip heavy cream in a metal bowl with a hand mixed until stiff peaks form.
2. Whip in sugar and vanilla.

The Taste Test
    This cake was light and moist and will satisfy your sweet tooth.  I think it's worth keeping a box of cake mix and can of pineapple stocked in your pantry because this was so easy to throw together and was a big hit with our guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment