Sunday, October 17, 2010

What a beautiful day for the pumpkin patch...

     Today we are heading to the pumpkin patch to take pictures of Jaxson and Ace and maybe pick out a good jack-o-lantern worthy pumpkin.  This trip inspired me to do some fall cooking.  Last night I threw all of the ingredients for pumpkin oatmeal into the crock pot.  This morning I awoke to what spelled like pumpkin pie.  The oatmeal turned out pretty good, although it was a little bland so I sprinkled some brown sugar on top.  It was very filling and made a ton.  I already sent some to my mom's house and have plenty for breakfast for a few more days.

Ingredients

6 cups water
3 cups pie pumpkin or sweet potato (I used sweet potato)
1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp. cinnamin
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Combine all ingredients in the crock pot.  Cook on low for 8 hours.

Stay tuned for my next pumpkin inspired recipe later today...

1 comment:

  1. OOOh! This I love...I love crock-pot cooking and oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete