Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vacation Series: Asian Portobello Burgers

    So school is out for the summer and I am in Maine with my family for the week.  This will, sadly, be my only week off this summer.  Luckily, my summer work schedule is a lot lighter, which will hopefully give me a lot of time to visit local markets and try new recipes. 
     One family from my class gave me Gwenyth Paltrow's new cookbook, My Father's Daughter, as an end of the year gift.  I had been eyeing this book in the bookstore, so I was excited to receive this thoughtful gift.  I brought the book along for the trip to Maine, hoping to make some of the recipes with my family.  Night number one and Gwenyth's Asian Portobello Burgers are on the menu.

Asian Portobello Burgers

Ingredients
2 tbsp soy sauce
4 portobello mushrooms
1/2 cut toasted sesame oil

Method
1. Drizzle each side of the mushrooms with soy sauce.  Then brush each side with sesame oil.  Let the mushrooms sit for 10 minutes.
2. Heat the grill on low.  Grill the mushrooms for 15 minutes, turning occassionaly.

These burgers can be served with lettuce and Soy and Sesame Mayo, on a bun or not!

Soy and Sesame Mayo

Ingredients
1/2 cup Vegenaise (Vegan Mayo)
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp toasted sesame oil

Method
1. Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.


The Taste Test
   Pretty delicious and super easy.  A winner in my book!






No comments:

Post a Comment