Friday, July 15, 2011

Farewell Muffins

    My sister and her family are heading back to North Carolina today.  Boo!  Luckily I have Fridays off this summer so I get to spend the morning with them before they embark on the ten hour drive home.  Arnauld and I also just booked a flight to go visit them in August, so that is something to look forward to! 
   I wanted to send them off with a healthy yet delicious breakfast so I woke up early to make chocolate chip banana muffins.  This recipe comes my Cooking Light book, although I've adapted the recipe a bit.

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Ingredients
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 egg white
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup wheat germ
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
cooking spray


Method
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, and vegetable oil together.
2. Beat in the bananas and milk.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. 
4. Combine the flour mixture with the banana mixture until it is well blended and then stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and spoon in equal amounts of the muffin mix.
6. Bake for 22 minutes.  Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment