Friday, September 30, 2011

More Squash!

     I shared in my last post that I bought a variety of squash during my last trip to the grocery store.  Tonight it was the acorn squash's turn.  Feeling a little lazy after a day off spent with my pals from work, aka The Hens, I went for a recipe with the fewest number of ingredients and least amount of prep.

Acorn Squash Fries

Ingredients
1 acorn squash
salt
cooking spray

Method
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
1. Peel the squash and cut into fry size wedges and sprinkle with sea salt. 
2. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange the wedges in a single layer.  Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the fries are tender and a bit crispy.

The Taste Test
    Simple and delicious.  The consistency was similar to potato fries and the taste just a tad sweeter.  The fries really shrink in the oven.  I just bought a small squash, so next time I might either buy a larger squash or buy two.  The trickiest part of this simple dish was cutting the darn squash- I haven't quite mastered the art of cutting anything gracefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment