Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pan Seared Cod with Basil Sauce

     This was a last minute throw together dinner.  The criteria was quick and easy.  Being back to school in addition to being back in grad school has me feeling a little tired and rushed but I want to keep the blog going strong...well maybe not as strong but at least going! 

Pan Seared Cod with Basil Sauce
Ingredients
1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
1/4 cup vegetable broth
2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
4 tsp olive oil
1/2 lb cod
salt and pepper
cooking spray

Method
1. Combine basil, broth, cheese, and olive oil in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.  Coat with cooking spray.  Place cod pieces, sprinkled with salt and pepper, in the skillet and cook each side for about five minutes.
3. Spoon the basil mixture over the fish and serve.

The Taste Test
   Arnauld says, "It's a lot of basil.  You should never overpower anything with basil, you know what I mean?  But I liked the rest.  I liked the pan seared cod."  I liked the basil.  I thought the flavors were simple and without the basil, the fish would have been pretty bland.  I guess we all have different tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment