Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tomato and Garlic Chicken

     This is a recipe that I totally hacked from The Pioneer Woman, but I love my version-even though I bet that the real version is way more amazing.  My version is super easy and perfect for something quick to throw together for a weeknight meal.  The Pioneer Woman's version is also simple, but she creates her own sauce...  Someday I will have to try the real deal...maybe on a Saturday.

Tomato and Garlic Chicken

Ingredients
1 tbs butter
2-3 tbs olive oil
1-2 lb chicken thighs
1 jar of Newman's tomato basil sauce
fresh herbs
4-8 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper

Method
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
1. Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat.  Add the butter and oil.  Once warm, brown the chicken on each side-about 2 minutes per side.
2. Remove the chicken and stir in the tomato sauce, herbs, and whole garlic cloves.  Place the chicken back on top of the sauce, spooning a bit of sauce over the chicken.
3. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
4. Serve alone or over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment