Sunday, January 27, 2013

Teething Biscuits

     So Wren is teething!  Her first tooth popped out on her five month birthday.  For the past two weeks, her second tooth has been teasing us with it's arrival.  Poor little thing is not a fan of her teeth.  When her tongue finds them, she pouts.  It's so sad.  We keep telling her that she has to just get used to them, they aren't going anywhere for awhile!  About the same time her first tooth appeared, Wren has also become very interested in food.  I started giving her oatmeal last week and just the other night she had her first taste of avocado.  My mom suggested giving her teething biscuits and as I began to research brands and varieties, I stumbled across recipes!  This weekend I gave my first go to teething biscuits.  They came out pretty tasty if I do say so myself, yet they were a little too soft and crumbly for Wren...until I froze them!  She had her first taste today and seemed indifferent. 

Banana Teething Biscuits

Ingredients
1 cup oat flour
1 cup baby oatmeal cereal
1 large mushy banana
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp coconut oil

Method
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Combing all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and form into a dough.
2. Roll the dough out on a floured surface until it is about 1/4 of an inch thick.
3. Use a cookie cutter to create desired shapes (I made circles) or roll into pinky length sticks.
4. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
5. Cool completely.  Be sure to watch your little one while gnawing on these biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment