Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

     It was so great to see so many members of my Carey family that I haven't seen in so long.  I wish it had been under different circumstances, but it was nice to reminisce and share stories of my Nanny and Grampy with all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. There was plenty of love and cookies to go around.  My Nanny would have been proud.

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups oats
1 cup coconut

Method
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Using a mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
4. Spoon dough onto greased baking sheets.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are golden.











No comments:

Post a Comment