Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Warning! This post has nothing to do with food...

    I love containers.  Ever since I was little, I have loved boxes, bins, bags,  and anything with compartments.  So far this year (in 2011), we have had five snow days.  Each snow day I have decided to dedicate to organizing a different area of our house.  So far I have tackled the basements, pantry, closets, and the desk in our library.  After cleaning the basement I was left with a heap in the corner of miscellaneous gift wrap items.  Just how do you store things like wrapping paper, ribbon, and gift bags? I've seen the crafty desk that Pottery Barn sells and have found myself drooling over the pictures, but realistically I don't have room in my house to dedicate to crafts and wrapping. Then I saw it!  Browsing through my February issue of Better Homes and Gardens, this picture caught my eye right away.
     I quickly put my savvy shopping skills to work because I knew that this was the answer to my heap in the corner of the basement.  I read the tiny print at the end of the magazine and discovered that the door rack is actually a pantry rack from Chefs Catalog and it only cost $29.99.   I of course ordered it right away and anxiously awaited the package.  Unfortunately it arrived the day after snow day number 4.  So finally today, on snow day number 5, I put the rack together on the back of one of the doors in our basement and I am in heaven.  I thought I would need a screwdriver or some tools to get this thing on the door, so I was a little nervous.  No tools required.  The hardest part for me was getting the bottom shelf attached to the rack but other than that it was smooth sailing.  I love that everything has it's own little place.  Now I can't wait to wrap something up, even though wrapping has never been one of my favorite tasks!

Here is the final result...

Another good use for the mason jars left over from my wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment