Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Honey Mustard Chicken

     Since I am on vacation this week I wanted to find some new recipes that I could add to my "go to" pile for those nights when I need to pull something together quickly.  Usually I have a pile of recipes that I have ripped from magazines or bookmarked on the computer, but that has not been the case the past few weeks.  So I turned to the internet to find a slow cooker recipe since I haven't pulled the crock pot out in what seems like forever.   I really struggled on this one.  After hitting my favorite websites, nothing really hit me.  I finally settled on a recipe from simpledailyrecipes.com, simply because it was easy and I had all of the ingredients.  

Honey Mustard Chicken
Ingredients
3 Chicken Breast cut in half
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Smart Balance (or butter), melted
1 tsp curry
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard


Method
1. Mix butter, honey, curry, salt, and mustard.  Pour over chicken in the crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

 The Taste Test
     I ran out while this was cooking and came home to a sweet and delicious aroma.  It made me really excited to try this.  I used chicken breast for this recipe even though the original recipe called for a whole chicken cut into pieces.  I used what I had.  I took the chicken out of the crock pot after 6 hours, although I think I should have taken it out earlier.  The chicken was a little dry.  If using a whole chicken, I think it would need more time.  Because I took the chicken out early, I refrigerated it and then we used it over salad for dinner.  The flavor of the chicken was really tasty.  I think next time, I will try to time this a little better so we can eat this dish hot.   This recipe will definitely find it's way into my rotation since it was very easy and tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment