Sunday, March 27, 2011

Southwestern Bean Medley

    In the last few weeks more and more people from work have been chatting with me about things they had seen or tried from this blog.  It's been fun talking about recipes and things I've made with the people I work with.  People are beginning to share their recipes with me, which is great.  Right now I am in a funny spot because all of my monthly magazines have come and I've tried all of the things I wanted from them.  I find when I do random searches for things, I spend way too much time just browsing through recipes.  I'd much rather have limited choices or recommendations.  This recipe came from Tracey.

Southwestern Bean Medley


Ingredients
1 can of vegetable broth
1 tbsp chili powder
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup dry lentils
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can green chilies
chopped cilantro

Method
1. Combine everything in the crock pot.  Cook for 6-7 hours.
2. Serve over brown rice or couscous.

It doesn't get much easier than that!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy that looks good. I am going to have to make this. It looks tasty and seems easy.

    ReplyDelete