Monday, March 28, 2011

Grilled Salmon with Avocado Dip

   This was one of the first dishes I learned to make when I first moved into our house.  I then proceeded to make it about once a week because I felt successful and too nervous to attempt new dishes.  Luckily those anxious feelings around dinner time meals have passed!  I hadn't made this dinner in a really long time, I think because Arnauld requested that I never make it again.  But for old time sake, I made it again tonight.

Grilled Salmon with Avocado Dip


Ingredients
1 lb salmon
1 tsp dill
1 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Avocado Dip
1 Avocado
2 tbsp plain Greek Yogurt
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice from 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper

Method
1. Mix lemon pepper, dill, and salt.  Rub on salmon.
2. Heat grill to medium high heat.  Rub with a bit of olive oil and cook salmon for 15 minutes.  Flip once about half way through.
3. To prepare the dipping sauce, mash the avocado and mix with yogurt, garlic, and lemon juice.  Season with salt and pepper.

The Taste Test
     There is a lot of flavor in this easy dish.  My favorite part is the dipping sauce, which also tastes great with cut veggies.  We have been using Greek yogurt in many ways these days.  Another new favorite is in egg salad mixed with a little Dijon mustard.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment