Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blondies with Cadbury Mini Eggs

    How easy and inspiring is Pinterest?  This week I wanted to bake something for a meeting at work.  I logged into Pinterest on my phone, clicked on food and drink, and within 30 seconds I had a quick and easy idea using one of my all time favorite things in the whole world...Cadbury Mini Eggs!

Blondies with Cadbury Mini Eggs
Recipe from bakeaholicmama.com
I totally forgot to snap a picture of these after cutting them.  I meant to get a picture with my phone before the meeting.  Failed again.  Luckily there were a few crispy edges leftover that I was able to photograph-but this doesn't really do them justice.  I guess I'll just have to bake another batch for the sake of a good photo!

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs

Method
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Melt the butter and mix in the sugars until creamy.
3. Add the vanilla and egg and continue mixing.
4. Slowly mix in the flour mixture.
5. Fold in the Cadbury Eggs.
6. Spread the batter in a 8x8 greased pan.  Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool before cutting.

The Taste Test
Sweet and delicious.  When I inserted the toothpick, it wasn't coming out clean so I just kept baking the brownies.  They were a bit crispy on the edges, but definitely not burnt.  I think I could have taken them out a little earlier...

No comments:

Post a Comment