Monday, July 9, 2012

Citrus Grilled Salmon with Orange Herb Butter

     Two trips to New Jersey later, our counter tops will finally be installed at the end of the week.  Hopefully after that, our kitchen will be functioning again!  Since school has ended and I am not working this summer, I have found myself a bit bored and restless.  I have never not worked for this long.  I'm not complaining, I know that in no time at all I will be wishing for a little boredom.  But for now, I am looking forward to be able to spend some time in my new kitchen.  But for tonight, I turn to the grill.  I did some of the prep work for this recipe at my mom's since I have no clue where I packed our zester and it was just easier.

Citrus Grilled Salmon with Orange Herb Butter
Recipe from June's edition of Everyday Food

Ingredients
1 lb fish ( salmon, swordfish, Mahimahi, tuna, striped bass)
salt and pepper
basil
citrus fruit
flavored butter (recipe below)

Method
1. Clean and lightly oil the grill.  Preheat on medium high.
2. Season the fish (I used salmon) with salt and pepper.
3. Arrange slices of your citrus fruit (I used oranges) on the cooler side of the grill.  Top with fresh basil and then the fish.
4. Top the fish with a bit of the citrus butter.  Cook for 20-30 minutes, until the fish is opaque.  You don't even need to flip the fish.

Orange-Herb Butter
Ingredients
1 stick unsalted butter
1 tsp orange zest
2 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp sea salt

Method
1. Mash all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment