Monday, July 30, 2012

Tomato Season

    Well tomato season is about to be in full swing.  My Grandma gave me my first bag of garden goodies a few days ago.  She packed some green beans, lots of grape tomatoes along with what she calls "banana" tomatoes, 2 small cucumbers, and a green squash.  I have used the squash in scrambled eggs, the tomatoes to make our favorite roasted eggplant with tomato and mint.  With just the beans, grape tomatoes, and cucumbers left I went for a Mediterranean Chickpea Salad recipe that I found on Pinterest.  I'm sure there will be plenty of new ideas and recipes inspired by Gram's garden.

Mediterranean Chickpea Salad 
Recipe from onceuponacuttingboard.com
  
Ingredients
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup cucumber, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2-3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Method
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.  Toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment