Thursday, June 13, 2013

Jerk Chicken

     Today is Arnauld's 30th birthday.  He is so hard to excite when it comes to meals and food.  Give me a bowl of ice cream or a fun new salad and I couldn't be happier.  Arnauld of the other hand always has the same reaction, "it's fine."  Today I have a personal day to celebrate his birthday...he has to work.  Poor guy.  I have been thinking and thinking about what to make for dinner tonight because I want his birthday meal to be somewhat special-even if he has to work late.  I finally came up with something that I think just might make him smile-jerk chicken.  Whenever jerk chicken is on the menu for lunch at his job, he always comments on it.  Hopefully my recipe comes close to that of the executive chefs at his work cafeteria.

Jerk Chicken

Ingredients
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground nutmet
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp thyme leaves
1 lb chicken
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Method
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
1. Combine all of the spices in a large ziplock bag.  Add the chicken and toss to coat.  Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
2.  Pour the oil into a baking dish.  Add the chicken.
3. Bake for about one hour and 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.





No comments:

Post a Comment