Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Quinoa and Pistachios

     A quick little pre-Thanksgiving dinner.  I had originally planned to make this dish as part of our Thanksgiving dinner instead of stuffing.  This recipe came from November's Cooking Light and is suppose to be stuffed in acorn squash.  Well our Thanksgiving plans changed when my Grandma insisted on hosting Thanksgiving, even after I claimed the holiday.  Last year I hosted because my Grandma was in Italy.  It worked out nicely, because both my family and Arnauld's could all celebrate together and we didn't have to split the day.  But it seems that everything will work out this year, because good old Gram invited Arnauld's family to dinner too.  In the end my Thanksgiving stuffing turned into a pre-Thanksgiving dinner. 

Quinoa and Pistachios

Ingredients
1/2 cup quinoa
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup pistachios, roasted and salted
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
pinch of red pepper flakes

Method
1. Bring quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan.  After the water begins to boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
2. Fluff the quinoa in a large bowl, using a fork.  Stir in pistachios, parsley, feta, oil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment