Sunday, January 23, 2011

Homemade Granola

     Esty has a blog called Eatsy that I just stumbled across in my boredom induced by another snow day!  They were featuring a recipe for granola that intrigued me.  Granola in the grocery store is so expensive and who the heck knows what's in it for sure.  Yesterday, Arnauld and I passed a Whole Foods so I went in a explored the bulk bins for all of the things I needed. 

Homemade Granola
Ingredients
3 cups old fashion oats
3/4 cups raw almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds (shelled)
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1 cup dried cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon


Method
1. Preheat the oven to 325.
2. Mix everything, except the cranberries, in a large bowl.
3. Place the granola on a cookie sheet, in a thin layer.
4. Bake in the over for 45 minutes.  Stir every 10-15 minutes.
5. After taking the granola out of the oven, stir in dried cranberries.

This recipe made about 7 cups of granola.


The Taste Test
So far I've just nibbled on this a bit, but I'll be adding some to some yogurt later today and will give a real taste test then...

No comments:

Post a Comment