Sunday, January 9, 2011

Small Treats

     This week I've gone back to some tried and true recipes.  Friday night, I stopped at the store on my way home from school after an early dismissal because of snow.  I picked up the things I needed to make homemade pizza.  When Arnauld finally made it home from work, there was hot pizza waiting for him.
    Earlier in the week I made the lemon and honey glazed chicken thighs that I previously posted and today I already have rice prepared to make brown rice and chickpea veggies burgers, which is already up on my blog as well.  I couldn't go a whole week without trying something new, so when I came across this recipe for mini-chocolate chip cookies I knew I could give them a whirl while my rice cooked.  They literally took 10 minutes start to finish.

Mini-Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
2 Tbsp Butter, softened
2 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1 Large Egg White
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chips

Method
1. Blend together butter, oil, and sugar in a small bowl.  Add vanilla, salt, and egg white.
2. Combine flour and baking soda.  Combine with batter.  Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Drop 48 half teaspoons onto cookie sheets, leaving a bit of room between each cookie.  Bake at 375 for 5 minutes.


The Taste Test
     These little sweets are the perfect solution to a craving for chocolate without throwing good habits out the window.  They taste just like your favorite full size cookie and as long as you don't get carried away and eat the entire plate, you won't sacrifice whatever New Year Resolutions you may have set for yourself!  Now I'm off to deliver a plate of these to my Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment