Monday, August 8, 2011

Baked Tilapia with Yellow Squash and Zucchini

     I can't go to anywhere without getting inundated with vegetables.  I saw my Grandma today and received two cucumbers and then while at my parents house my dad tried to unload two rather large yellow squash on me.  I escaped with only one...only because I still had one from last week.  The gardens are producing way more than we can eat at this point.  I'm not really complaining because I love the fresh produce.  It just puts a little added pressure on me to figure out what to do with it all!

Baked Tilapia with Yellow Squash and Zucchini
Recipe from cbsop.com
Taken with my iPhone since my camera is in for repairs...

Ingredients
2 tilapia fillets
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 medium yellow squash, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic
4 tbsp garlic infused olive oil (see recipe below)
Salt and pepper to taste


 Garlic Infused Olive Oil
1.  Heat a small saucepan over low heat.  Add 1/3 cup olive oil (or desired amount) and 1 clove of garlic, cut in half. 
2. Allow to cook, stirring occassionally, until the garlic is a deep brown and wilted.
3. Remove the garlic from the olive oil.  Store oil in an air tight container in the refrigerator between uses.

Method
1. To saute the zucchini and squash, begin by adding 1-2 tablespoons of garlic infused olive oil to a large skillet.
2. Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add squash and zucchini and cook until the vegetables are tender.
4. Meanwhile, brush both sides of the tilapia with the garlic infused olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake in a glass baking dish for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is flaky.
5. Serve the fish topped with the squash and zucchini.  You can garnish this dish with lemon juice and fresh parsley if desired.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment