Monday, January 17, 2011

If we have to watch football, we might as well eat nachos!

     So many people are in a football craze these days, with the excitement of the Superbowl on everyone's mind.  Everyone except probably me.  Friday Arnauld came home from work pumped for all of the games this weekend.  The mere mention of ALL the games made me cringe.  But trying to put a positive spin on the situation, I decided to make nachos and invite the gang over.  I won't pretend that these are healthy because I didn't really even think about that last night as a created three trays of deliciousness.  The great thing about nachos is that they are hard to mess up and you can toss on anything that you love.  Here is what I used:

Nachos

Ingredients
Snyder Tortilla Chips
Mexican Shredded Cheese
Fresh Tomatoes, chopped
Pickled Jalapenos (from a jar)
Ground beef, prepared with a package of taco seasoning
Olives
Vegetarian Refried Beans
Avocado
Salsa
Sour Cream

Method
1. Before preparing the actual nachos, I made my variation of guacamole...which is very simple.  I started out by literally squeezing all of the avocado out of the skin.  I then use my hands to mush it all up.  I finish the guacamole off with some salt and pepper.  Sometimes if I'm feeling crazy I mix in a spoonful of salsa.  Someday I'll try making "real" guacamole.
2. Preheat the oven to 400.
3. Lay the tortilla chips in a single layer on a cookie sheet.  Add refried beans, tomato, beef, olives, and cheese.
4. Bake in over until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
5. Serve with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. 

I bought 2 bags of chips and made 3 trays of nachos.  I prepared one tray without beef for my vegetarian pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment