Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Almond Joy Cookies

     Another day of vacation, another friend to visit, another Pinterest recipe to tackle.  I texted my Dad to thank him again for my kitchen.  I have spent a lot of time in it the last few days and I just love everything about the space.
      Today's recipe was another variation of an Almond Joy...I think I mentioned that I am a fan of coconut.  These sweet treats are making their way to New York to visit my college roommate, Mary and her son Brian. The original recipe, from Heather Cristo Cooks, made 40 cookies.  With all the cookies I have been making, my butter supply was running low so I cut the recipe in half.  The ingredients below reflect the batch of cookies that I made, which still made 30 cookies.

Almond Joy Cookies


Ingredients
1 stick of salted butter
3/4 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 1/8 cup of flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/8 cup of shredded coconut (sweetened)
1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped almonds

Method
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cream together the butter and sugar using a mixer.
2. Add the egg and beat until creamy.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.  Then mix in to form the cookie dough.
4. Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds.
5. Scoop tablespoon size cookies onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and transfer to wire cooling racks after a few minutes.


Thanks for a fun play date Mary!


No comments:

Post a Comment