Sunday, February 3, 2013

French Chicken Salad

     I'm part of the Biggest Loser at school.  I joined as some extra motivation to get myself moving a little more.  Having a baby is an easy excuse to say, "I just can't workout today", or "I don't have time to eat right."  Working out has proven to be more challenging, mostly because of time.  But I have found a way to be a little creative and have taken to walking on the track at school before work a few mornings a week.  Luckily, my pal Elena has decided to join me and it's a great start to the day.  We get to catch up and chat, get in a workout before 8 am on a work day, and the best part has been the fresh cold air!  Part of being a part of the Biggest Loser club is sharing recipes.  This recipe was passed along by the school nurse.  I made this chicken salad for lunch last week and ate it in my salad.  The recipe suggests making lettuce wraps filled with the chicken salad.  I didn't have tarrgon, which I am told really made the recipe.  Still, it was a nice change from my usual lunch-soup. 

French Chicken Salad

Ingredients
1/2 lb chicken, cooked and diced
1 apple, chopped
1/4 cup shallot, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
t tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 tsp dried
2-3 tbsp chopped walnuts
2 tsp white wine vinegar
4 tbsp plain Greek yogurt

Method
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.  Mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment